Thursday, May 5, 2011

Black People Love Us!

Found a cool site, Black People Love Us!, which parodies most (unintentionally) patronizing North Americans I've ever met! You don't really get this in London, I suppose people are more genuine in the UK. Most Canadians will unknowingly do this patronizing thing with non-white people, and the very same people will freak out if you say something non-PC!!! You can have a lot of fun with this.

I'm guessing that a group of black people got fed up and decided to put this website together to poke fun at this condescending attitude.

Some of the satirical 'testimonials' on the site crack me up probably because they ring absolutely true! A few examples:

Johnny calls me "da man!" That puts me at ease. It makes me feel comfortable, because I am Black and that's how Black folks talk to one another.


Johnny always plays up his (Italian, Irish, Jewish, etc.) ethnicity to me—as an entree into friendship!


Johnny always says: "I'm not racist; one of my best friends is Black!" I think he might mean me!

No comments:

Post a Comment