Monday, September 20, 2010

Natural Eyesight Healing: Almost 2 Weeks Progress

It may be a bit early to start blogging about my natural eyesight healing progress, since it has only been 11 days, but I'd like to keep reporting my thoughts and ideas before they become lost from time, and I have the advantage of being in a process of myopic healing.

Every day I have been performing my Yoga eye exercises, twice a day, morning and night. Even after the first week, I could feel as if my eyeballs were more lubricated, there seems to be an extension of my peripheral vision - taking in visual information by quick scanning with my eyeballs rather than relying on motioning my head towards the direction objects that I want to observe. So the first big benefit is a faster reaction time - good for sports, no doubt.

The Bate's Method suggests reducing the wearing time of spectacles - This is something that is hard to do for most people, but I've developed my own technique. I doubt that many people need to wear their glasses while sitting on the toilet or eating, so during these periods, it is a good time to relax the eye muscles and reduce eyestrain. When I am out and about, I wear my glasses a bit lower, so I may peek over the top of the rims to help relax my eyes again - even for walking long distances, I can look over my glasses to help train my eyes.

Already, my eyesight seems better without glasses as the distance of the 'double vision' effect is smaller. With glasses, my eyesight has gotten worse; one might be mistaken to think that I have damaged my vision somehow, although the only reason for this is because the prescription is trying to correct a visual problem that no longer exists - it may be discouraging at first, but bear in mind that with exercising, eyes can only improve, and that the stronger your eyes get, the worse you're going to see with glasses.

I'm learning to relax my eyes when looking at distant objects. Sometimes, I will stare at the text on the screen, it will appear a blur. The mistake that most people make is to strain to focus the text, but that is the complete opposite what you should do, you should just relax. I've had some amount of success with this technique, but it requires a very relaxed mind, and a sense of indifference to the objects around you. Very much like the 'Magic Eye' books, you just stare, and relax your eyes, and after a while, the objects or text come into focus. The idea is to keep doing this, until your eyes remember how to do it by themselves. Unlike relearning to see, for me it's like learning to see, feels as if I missed out on this process while growing up as a kid, and I'm learning to be more aware of textures (sharp and soft) and subtle shades of light and dark.

I find that riding on the upper deck of a bus is a good way to train and strengthen the eyes. There is no need to wear glasses at all for this exercise, and the constantly updating movement of light and colour, encourage eyeball movement. It can also be very relaxing as long as you remember to be indifferent to what you see, breathe fully and slowly with your diagphragm, and avoid straining. Once the eyes become fully relaxed, you'll be amazed at catching glimpses of small print at a distance, although whether something is near or far becomes irrelevant because one has to stop thinking like a glasses-wearer, ie, straining to see something beyond the prescription - a person with perfect vision (as in uncorrected) sees near and distant objects with the same visual acuity. All becomes clear when the mind is relaxed and one with the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment